Brad
New Jersey

Charleston

Bars, restaurants, things to do

My special lady friend and I are heading to charleston next week for a few days and I am looking for any last minute ideas for places to drink, places to eat, and things to do. I have some items on my list already but I am curious to see if anyone out there has that one particular item I NEED to do which I haven't thought of. Let me know!

Janelle from Charleston

Definitely take a tour of some of the restored homes in the historic district.  The Edmondston-Alston House and Rutledge house are the best.  The Old Slave Market Museum is another must see.  If you want a beach day go to Folly Beach.  Go to dinner at Husk (if you can get a reservation).  For cheap but good food try Hannibal's Kitchenon Blake St.  Another of my favourites is Gaulart & Maliclet Fast & French Inc.(aka Fast & French) on Broad between King and Meeting.  My favourite bar is Kudu at the corner of Vanderhorst & King.

If you have time for a day trip, drive about 90 minutes south to Beaufort. It's another old Colonial era town, but quieter and less touristy than Charleston.

1. Edmondston-Alston House (hotel)
  2. Old Slave Market Museum (attraction)
  3. Folly Beach (city)
  4. Husk (restaurant)
  5. Hannibal's Kitchen (restaurant)
  6. Gaulart & Maliclet Fast & French Inc. (restaurant)
  7. Kudu (restaurant)
  8. Beaufort (city)