Liz
Washington

Chapel Hill

Wedding Afterparty

Hi.  I'm looking for a place to take 50-75 people around midnight on a Saturday around Franklin St.  Preferably we would be able to continue dancing, but just a bar that can accommodate our crowd without reserving it for the whole evening would be great!  Any suggestions?

Ashley from Durham (North Carolina)

This is going to be really difficult to do without renting out a place. Franklin bars tend to be packed, especially on a Saturday night. Your best bet for the size of your party is Top of the Hill but there's always a line. Most other bars won't hold that kind of party size. Unfortunately, you may just have to go to Raleigh or Durham to make that happen. If you rent a space, I suggest  The Back Bar at Top of the Hill, which is owned by top of the Hill.  Goodfellows is my favorite bar--a low-key dive bar--but I'm not sure they'd rent the place out on a Saturday night, as they're usually pretty packed.

1. Top of the Hill (attraction)
  2. The Back Bar at Top of the Hill (attraction)
  3. Goodfellows (attraction)

Zach from Charlotte

Hi Liz! I'm a senior at Chapel Hill, and I've got some perfect suggestions for you. All places will be their busiest on a Saturday, but it also depends on if it's when school is in session or the summer. The bars will fit your group without reservation during the summer. As for the bars, a perfect spot would be Top of the Hill("Topo"), a trademark of Chapel Hill that looks over the heart of Franklin Street from its top level (inside and outside). He's Not Here is outside during the summer, much more laid back but fun (only beer though). "R&R" is a nice place like Topo only a block down and also has an inside and outside with room for dancing, so this might be your best bet for a large group. Good luck, and either way you'll have a great time in Chapel Hill.

1. Top of the Hill (attraction)
  2. He's Not Here (attraction)