Antica
Zagreb

Antica from Zagreb asked

Where to stay in Jakarta?

I am travelling at the end of March to Jakarta and Bali. How many days to stay in Jakarta and where to stay? What is public transportation like? How to travel from the Airport to  the hotel? What should we not miss?

Thank you very much!

Central Jakarta (Indonesia)   Jakarta (Indonesia)

Alvian from Jakarta

Hey there Antica. I don't recommend Jakarta that much for a tourist but if you still want to have a visit, you can see a lot of museums here. I recommend for Kawasan Kota Tua (please google for it, I couldn't found it using the tag button) and museums in Central of Jakarta (Monumen Nasional (MONAS) and so on). If you have more time to spend you can go to Kepulauan Seribu Regency - You can pick one island or do a islands hopping, snorkling and enjoying the sea. You can have a lot of good food around Jakarta for sure.

I recommend staying in the Central Jakarta thus make you easy to access Jakarta a lot of accommodations from motel to a five stars hotels, it's your pick! The easiest public transportation is Transjakarta (here is the map http://www.transjakarta.co.id/peta_full.php). I prefer using Uber taxi (download the app from your smartphone) but avoid it when the rush hour because the rate will go high. For local taxi, use Blue Bird/Pusaka (blue one), Express (white one), Gamya (green one), Taxiku (Yellow one), other than that please avoid. You can grab a taxi from airport to your hotel as well. Cheers!