• Mia Lute
  • "I have 6 weeks to explore Central & South America... I need help!"

Mia Lute

Rye, Victoria

I have 6 weeks to explore Central & South America... I need help!

My partner and I have 6wks to explore Central & South America. We are thinking of doing 4 or 5 countries all up. We need help with deciding which countries or example itineraires would be great.

We both love the beach, discovering quiet local towns but also love spending a few days exploring cities. We would like to visit a few places with good nightlife (we are aged 26 and 28) and are interested in music, art, food and wine! We would also like to see some historical sites (eg Mayan ruins ect).

We are also open to doing an arranged tour for part of our trip (7-15 days).

Any suggestions big or small would be greatly appreciated.

• Rocio Acevedo

Trippy Ambassadors are elite members of the community, hand picked to help you travel better!

Antigua GuatemalaPunta Islita

Hi! If you love beaches, Costa Rica offers plenty of options. I would suggest both the Caribbean side Limon or the Pacific side, Nicoya. One of my favorite is Playa Santa Teresa especially for those who love surfing (or a quite/local type beach). Osa Peninsula is also a very unique place even though it is a bit complicated to get there. (let me know if interested to provide further details). Another recommendations of quite local towns (besides Santa Teresa), are Las Catalinas, Punta Islita or Monteverde.

However, speaking about beautiful beaches in Central America, I would say that Roatan is also magical, especially for diving. The Copan ruins are also another interesting site to visit. If you are interested in something more cultural I will recommend Antigua Guatemala

A city with good nightlife is: Bogota which offers really nice places for dining out, dancing and meeting interesting people. A few examples of these sophisticated places are Park 93, La Candelaria and a restaurant very unique and creative, located in the Chia area is Andres Carne de Res.

I hope this information can be of great help for you guys! Enjoy the ride!!

Pura vida!!

Roatanimage from cruisesinpanama.comAndres Carne de Resimage from colombiaholidays.com

1. Costa Rica (country)
    2. Limon (state)
    3. Nicoya (city)
    4. Playa Santa Teresa (attraction)
    5. Osa Peninsula (region)
    6. Las Catalinas (city)
    7. Punta Islita (city)
    8. Monteverde (city)
    9. Roatan (island)
    10. Copan (state)
    11. Antigua Guatemala (city)
    12. Bogota (city)
    13. Park 93 (attraction)
    14. La Candelaria (attraction)
    15. Chia (city)
    16. Andres Carne de Res (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Rocio a Thank You Note