Yaniv
Tel Aviv

Caye Caulker, Belize

Recommended scuba diving operators and budget accommodation in Caye Caulker

My wife and I will be in Caye Caulker, Belize in early March. We don't want to spend a lot, be we would still like to do a few scuba dives. What are some recommended scuba operators in Caye Caulker? Also, what are recommended backpacker hostels/budget hotels there?

Ross from Fort Collins

Hey buddy! I would recommend renting a room or small house instead of hotel. You can save a lot by cooking and me and my buddy would meet the fishing boats by the dock and buy lobster and fish for a very low price! We had no reservations when we were there (as you know if you've ever read any of my posts lol) and you can get a good deal if you ask around town when you get there. As always have a couple places in mind and and get an idea of average prices so you know what's reasonable. I can't remember the dive company I used but unless you do the blue hole or a ship wreck, snorkeling is just as good do to the shallow reef, and I'm a certified cave diver! There are few top quality dive centers on the island and with 5 min on the web you'll have no problem finding a good one.  

Cheers! And drink a belkin for me! (I want a pic of that belkin! I'm trying to get pics of travelers cheersing me throu pics for a new blog lol)

Jack

Rent one of the cabanas at Wish Willy's restaurant.  Contact Monique Moore.  Lmoore@ BTl.net.     501-628-8551

1. Wish Willy's (restaurant)

Randi from On The Road

Not sure about the scuba diving but here is some information on my blog that you might find helpful...it includes an accommodation option.

http://www.justapack.com/cost_of_backpacking_travel_caye_caulker_belize.html

and tips on things to do

http://www.justapack.com/caye-caulker.html