Adam
Seattle

Caye Caulker, Belize

Headed to Belize in May, what the best things to see and do?

Wondering what the best things are in Cay Caulker, like food, things to do, etc...I want a nice, chill vacation. Budget isn't super tight, but always nice to do fun things for cheap. Will be there for just over a week.  

Ross from Fort Collins

It is such a small island and within a couple of hours you will be able to have it pretty much figured out. There are some good restaurants but I liked the street lobster. if you are into scuba or snorkeling you are in heaven. Its been a wile since I've been down so a quick look in the web will  be quick and easy! Good luck, Belize is an interesting place.

1. Belize (country)

Jana from Caye Caulker

I live on Caye Caulker currently and it is the perfect place for a chill vacation.  My boyfriend and I are the owners of Caye Caulker Destinations property management company and we own The Stoned Crab Hideaway.  Some of our favorite places to eat right now… mind you lobster is out of season until June.  Terry's Grill for curry conch and grilled fish, Little Kitchen  for amazing belizean cheap delicious plates,  The Split for ribs & smoked fish dip, Tropical Paradise for ceviche.   All of the street vendors are great especially Urbinas for tacos and Carlos The Kabob Guy for…kabobs.

To see and do….dive and snorkel of course, Carlos Tours is fantastic for a snorkel guide.  Make sure you see the Tarpon in the protected area on the back of the caye.  Paddle boarding & kayaking around the caye is a great way to get out on the water.  The fishing is fantastic, ask for Piggy, he's a great guide. If the winds are up you can also get out on the water on a kite board or windsurfer.  

There is just a quick list of some things for ya!

Neighboring Ambergris Caye, Belize is just a short 30 minute boat ride away too.

1. Caye Caulker (island)
  2. The Split (attraction)
  3. Ambergris Caye, Belize (attraction)