Rebecca
Manchester

Cathy Pacific experience?

Has anyone ever flown with Cathy Pacific or Eithad Airways? I need to decide between them or a little more expensive flight with Qantas and I want to see the reviews. I'm quite a airline snob and I like to be able to book my seat a few weeks before I fly. Its also a very long flight from New Zealand to the UK.

greens from Osaka

Both 5 Stars the difference would be where you stop if not direct.

Vidhya from Atlanta

Cathay Pacific has great service. Probably one of the better airlines around.

Sander from Detroit

they are both great but I would put cathay as the best airline in the world.  Best service, most comfortable and most reliable.  If you are traveling business or first Eithad may be a bit more lavish 

Mike from Chicago

Cathay is excellent.  Particularly business class.

Terrell from Incline Village

Cathay is excellent, but so is Eithad. I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.  Terry Jones founder travelocity, founding chairman kayak.

Linda from Dallas

Cathay is one of the premier airlines in the world based in Hong Kong. It is known for outstanding Service and food . If you fly business, their lounge is superb with made to order noodle bar and premium drinks. I would do Cathay any day!

Kara from Chicago

I flew on Cathy Pacific from the US to Hong Kong and had a great experience with the airline.  The flight crew were all very friendly and accommodating and the seats were pretty comfortable for the 15 hour flight.  I would suggest this airline and plan on using them again in the future.

Lisa from Fitzgerald, Georgia

I've not flown Etihad, but I thought Cathay Pacific had excellent customer service. I've flown a lot of airlines on the US-Asia routes, and Cathay Pacific is still one of my favorites.

Keith from Bowness-on-Windermere

I flew Cathay Pacific from London to Brisbane via Hong Kong. Nothing to complain about, but nothing to write home about, either.

Gita from Mumbai

Hi Rebecca,

I've flown with Cathay Pacific from Mumbai to Auckland and back and I'd say it was a good experience given that flying time is almost 22 hours one way including the layover at Hong Kong. The in-flight services were good.

1. Mumbai (city)
  2. Auckland (city)

Missy from Newport

I love Cathay Pacific and try to fly that airline any time possible.  

Ajai from Noida

I recently travelled in Cathy Pacific from Hong Kong to Delhi. Excellent experience, one of the most comfortable seats (I was on a connecting flight  and had come from Vancouver to Hong Kong by a Boeing 777 of Air Canada, whose seats were no match for comfort). In flight staff was very courteous and responsive. Highly recommended. 

Don from Austin (Texas)

Both are exceptional airlines and rate far above USA based companies (even in Coach class). 

Terri from Ottawa

Cathay Pasific is really really good. I flew with them many times from Toronto to Jakarta and always great. Good food and excellent service! You should be fine flying with Cathay 😊

Darren from Sydney

I have flown both airlines (London -> Sydney) and had good experiences, hard to really fault either. If you are looking for a level up though I would have to say Singapore Airlines is better and Emirates is the best of the lot. I am also an airline snob having traveled the Lon -> Syd route many times and Emirates comes out on top for me.

Pankaj from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

Hi, I'm from India. Have traveled in both and I rate Etihad slightly above Cathay. In fact last week I came from China via Hong kong. The flight from China got delayed and it reached HK late. I ran towards the other gate to catch the flight to India and I made it but the rude Cathay staff didnt let me board the flight cos i was late, as if it was my fault. Infact there was this other chinese passenger who was with me and he managed to board the flight. Me along with 4 other Indians were offloaded and were made to wait at the airport for 7 hours and then we boarded the aircraft to chennai. We weren't provided with any refreshments. So a bad experience this time