Jamila
Union City (California)

Jamila from Union City (California) asked

How are the beaches on Catalina Island and in Ensenada?

Hi everyone! I am going on a cruise that will stop for a day on Catalina island and another day at Ensenada. I was wondering how the water is in both places. I am a Hawaii beach kind of girl so I was wondering if I was going to freeze my butt off in either places if I get in the water. Thanks!

Catalina Island (California)   Ensenada (Mexico)

Renee

Hello Jamila, my family and I always go and spend the summer in Ensenada, B.C. Mx. I can tell you is a beautiful city, but if you are looking for warm beaches you are not going to find in here, not even in summer, but is a Mediterranean weather, with warm sunny days and cool evenings... so a light jacket may be needed.

If you have the opportunity to tour the city, I recommend you to visit Monalisa Beach, is the warmest, and is about 20 minutes from the Cruise ship dock inside Ensenada, and it cost about 8-10Dlls per person.   

warm sunny days in the 70s F (20s C) and cool evenings in the 40s-60s...so a light jacket may be needed

Raine from Dallas

On Catalina Island, I love the areas around Avalon. The water temps vary depending on when you go. Warmer in the summer months but still a little chilly! It'll probably be warmer in Ensenada.

1. Catalina Island (attraction)
  2. Avalon (city)
  3. Ensenada (city)
Anthony

It depends on the season, but In summer the beaches in Ensenada are perfect. But If you go in winter then you'll most likely freeze your butt off. Enjoy everything the most you can offcourse. Good luck!

1. Ensenada (city)