Shane
Virginia Beach

Casablanca

How much time? What part of town?

I am planning on heading to Casablanca for at least a week at the end of July, but I am open to a longer duration.

How much time will I need to properly enjoy the city?

Can you make any recommendations on the best part of the city to stay in?

Julian from Tampa

There's some interesting parts to see in Casablanca, but you would have to take a Red Taxi (cheapest, the main problem is that they do not really speak a foreign language even French sometimes...=> do not forget to ask for the taxi meter). So the best place is the Hassan II Mosque,it's one of the Mosque you can visit in Morroco (not all of them can be visited)You can go to The CornicheIt's a fancy place, do not go to the beach, some people from there told me that's not really clean... You can find good restaurant there at european / US price there if you want to do night clubing you can find what you want there.

You can go to the Old Medinamany people will try to sell you something, it seems that there's pickpockets but I never had that bad experiance.

Also Quartier Habous is a good place to visit, very touristic, many dealers will try to sell you something (after a while it's really enoying, if someone try to convince you to go inside to visite its shop, once inside he will stay in front of the door and ask you to buy something... It can happend), eat some pastries from Bennis.

You can go to the Hamman Zianni (so good and really cheap, full package hamman is nearly 40$ and it worse it)

And if you miss malls, you can go to the Morocco Mall  which is the biggest mall in Africa... they have an elevator inside of an aquarium it's a fancy place and they have a "fake" Medina inside of it also.

It's an interesting place, but not the best place you could visit in Morocco, you can take a train (cheap) to Rabat or Marrakech.

I hope I didn't scared you, just be vigilent but it worse it, it's very different from what you know if you have never been out of North America.

Enjoy your trip.

1. Hassan II Mosque (attraction)
  2. The Corniche (attraction)
  3. Old Medina (attraction)
  4. Quartier Habous (attraction)
  5. Morocco Mall (attraction)
  6. Rabat (city)
  7. Marrakech (city)

Brew from Manhattan Beach

I would agree with Julian and would definitely choose Rabat and/or Marrakech over Casablanca.  Rabat is not as well known as Marrakech but has a bunch of really interesting things to see.

1. Rabat (city)
  2. Marrakech (city)
  3. Casablanca (city)

Yzza from Casablanca, Morocco

Hey!

Casablanca is considered as the economic city and so I believe that  3 days there is more than enough. 

1. Casablanca (city)