Hayden
Cleveland

Hayden from Cleveland asked

Things to do that'll interest 17-year-old brother

My siblings are coming to visit me, and we are heading to Carmel. My sister and I are of age to go to tastings, but our little brother will get bored very quickly. 

What are some fun outdoor activities or must-see places to go? 

Carmel By the Sea (California)

Bob from Pine Grove

The Monterey Bay Aquarium is visited by thousands.  On the other hand you may want to drop him off in Santa Cruz at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

James from Los Angeles

The Monterey Bay Aquarium is a wonderful place. There's also a fun little video arcade on Cannery Row - Highway 1 Games & Grub.

1. Monterey Bay Aquarium (attraction)
  2. Highway 1 Games & Grub (attraction)
Joseph from Los Angeles

Pebble Beach Golf Course is right next door if he is into golf and the acquarium in Monterey is a must too. Make sure you bring a dog if you have one to those Carmel beaches. It's the most dog-friendly town in America.

Derek

Head south on 1 for just a little bit (10 minutes or so). You can stop at any turnout along the ocean cliffs for amazing photos and just a beautiful place to sit, think, and stare at the ocean. Further down are some cool hiking trails too.