Melissa
Portland

Melissa from Portland asked

Where to stay in Carcassone for the Tour de France

I've decided to go to Carcassonne on the days when the Tour de France comes through and would love to know some good hotels to stay in. I'm prepared to pay top dollar since I'll be there for the Tour and I'm booking at the last minute! Would love as many options as possible.

Carcassonne (France)

Praveen from New Delhi, India

I have tried to give you a lot of options here as you are quite late for the event anyway... its the 11th stage today. And all these are very near to where the event starts.

Some three and four stars: 

Au Royal Hotel Carcassonne starting at about $70 per night. 

Hotel La Bastide again, at about $70.

Hotel Astoria starts at about $90.

Hotel Ibis Carcassonne Centre starts at about $100.

Hotel des Trois Couronnes is a little expensive at about $140 but situated next to the L'Aaude.

Hotel Soleil Terminus Carcassonne situated next to another water body, the canal is at about $125.

Hotel Bristol is also close by at about $100.

If you are ok staying a bit far from the starting point, then there are budget hotels like:

Ibis Budget starting at about $75.

Hotel Kyriad is situated on the route of the tour-de-France. Cheap rooms too, starting at about $50.

Hope these help. Have fun.

Melissa
Hi Praveen, thank you so much for these recommendations! I wanted to let you know that I stayed at Hotel des Trois Couronnes and loved it. Thanks again!