miss

Capri

What should we be sure not to miss during one day in Capri?

Visiting Capri for one day with my husband.  What activities, places, restaurants, and nightlife should we be sure not to miss here?  Just putting this out there, but we love the water.

Brew from Manhattan Beach

If you love the water, should definitely do the Grotta Azzurra (the Blue Grotto) and/or the Green Grotto.  Sea caves that you take a boat to and can swim in.  Very beautiful and fun.

1. Grotta Azzurra (attraction)
  2. Green Grotto (attraction)

Vicky from Los Angeles

Have lunch at La Fontelina. You'll have a close-up view of the Faraglioni rocks and unforgettable food (sweet and juicy mussels, ripe tomatoes, refreshing white sangria.. everything is good!) The best thing to do in Capri is to do nothing as the Italians do - what that means here is spending the day at the beach club (rent one of their comfy lounge chairs) and go up to the restaurant at lunch time. I found La Fontelina by accident on my first trip to Capri - we were looking for another restaurant that was listed on guidebooks and asked an elderly lady where it was, who strongly insisted we go to Fontelina next to it instead. It's always good to listen to a local! My next trip to Capri, we stayed on the island for a few days and had lunch there everyday. 

1. La Fontelina (attraction)

Andrew from Downtown Los Angeles

If only one day, you can choose Land or Sea.  Either take the trip up the mountain on the funicular. or rent a boat and travel around the entire island. To enjoy it, it takes 4-5 hours. You'll want to stop at any number of the best caves and coves and dive in.  You can even rent a boat with a driver if you'd like. Or drive it yourself.  Boats are available right in the port when you get there. Also if those are all taken, just ask around or a small shop. Someone's uncle or brother will have a boat ready and able. (Seriously that is how we got a boat the last time we went)

I've gone to Capri twice and both times rented a boat straight when I got there. No problems, no worries, loved it both times. Would do it again in a heartbeat.