Carl

Capri

Is Capri worth seeing?

Hi, I plan to stay only 4 day in the Naples area. I'll spend one night in Naples and two in Positano. Is it worth to go to Capri or would you recommend to go elsewhere.

Thanks,

Carl

Mathias from San Francisco

Absolutely Capri is an amazing place and definitely worthwhile a stop on your trip. It is a beautiful island and has some of the best food in Italy. Make sure you stay overnight as the best time on the island is when the day tourists have left. Best hotels areHotel La Scalinatella and Casa Morgano Hotel both owned by the same family, small, local and high end done right. Hang a bit on La Fontelina rocky beach, make sure to walk the Via Krupp stairs (they are officially closed but hey you are in Italy!) and go over to Anacapri to see the Casa Munthe (Villa San Michele). Munthe a swedish doctor used to take care of many European royals with advanced psychological and medical methods in the early 1900's. Some say there are European royals today that are related to him ;) Anyways you'll have beautiful views from there and the gardens are fabulous. Otherwise rent a little boat drive around the island and dip into the very blue water and dive into the blue grotto. Fun!

1. Hotel La Scalinatella (hotel)
  2. Casa Morgano Hotel (hotel)
  3. La Fontelina (attraction)
  4. Via Krupp (attraction)
  5. Anacapri (attraction)
  6. Villa San Michele (attraction)

Taylor from Pennsylvania

Yes, definitely go to Capri!  I took a similar trip where I started in Naples and worked my way down to Positano.  My friend and I took the ferry into Capri for the day and we had so much fun!  We just walked around and got lost on the beautiful island.  No map, no directions, we just wandered everywhere.  It's definitely nice to head up to where the town center is and walk past all the shops, get a view from above (the center is located quite high up, but there is a lift that you can take if you prefer not to walk) and eat a delicious pasta.  Also make sure to wander down to some of the beaches.  They often have little shuttle boats that will take you around the island to different beaches for about 10 euro.  We found one by chance and it was nice.  You'll be mesmerized by the coastline.  Enjoy!

Eric from Bluffton (South Carolina)

I can't imagine NOT visiting Capri if you have the chance. Stay overnight if you can and soak up the ambiance. We have been there 4 times and it is always wonderful. There is a reason the Roman Emperors built their villas there all those years ago. Go and enjoy!