Lol

Cape Town

Which hotel/location in December?

Hi- I am traveling to SA next December 2016 and will be in CT about 9 nights. I am torn between staying by the beach or near waterfront area. I have tours booked for at least 5 days but love the beach area too. I am originally from SA. 

Of camps bay versus waterfront area( don't really want to be in waterfront) is better. 

Rates at Table Bay are the best -  

I will, aside from tours want to go to long and Kloof street and good restauants. 

I know Uber is good and I can rent a car if needed  

Looking for advice from a local 

Thanks

Catherine from Cape Town

I would definitely say the Waterfront area is the better option. It's so central and you can escape to the Promenade and the beach any time you like. 

1. Waterfront (attraction)
  2. Promenade (attraction)

Benny from Gold Coast

I would actually look into the waterfront, especially the V&A Waterfront. I loved staying there, met a ton of locals and other travelers and had a great time. 

1. V&A Waterfront (attraction)

Eli from Santa Monica, California

I would stay at Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel, which is pricey, Taj Cape Town, which is medium expensive, or Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, which is cheaper, but still beautiful. Check Airbnb for some great rooms and apartments.

1. Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel (restaurant)
  2. Taj Cape Town (hotel)
  3. Cape Royale Luxury Hotel (hotel)