Tiffany
Corvallis

Cape Cod

What must I see, eat, and do with 24 hours in Cape Cod?

I'll be travelling with girls ages 9-18 and want to get a sense of what's special about that part of the world.

JR from Manhattan Beach

Hey Tiffany. I've been back to the Cape a couple times because my wife's family spent a lot of time there in summers growing up. I wouldn't say i'm an expert... but here's a few things i really enjoyed. 

In Falmouth I really liked  Quarterdeck Restaurants in downtown Falmouth. It is VERY old school. It's the kind of place you get a steak or some fish with a baked potato, veggies, and a soup/salad to start. It reminds me of a super nice dinner that we would have had a kid (before everyone became a foodie). The decor is perfectly Cape Cod, so I loved it. 

One night we picked lobsters from the Falmouth Fish Market. Very traditional feel about the place and a classic fishmonger helped us. 

For lunch a couple days we stoped by  Slice of Italy for a sandwich. It's an Italian deli/bakery with a nice selection of sandwiches in back and your girls would probably like some of the european chocolates and candies. 

To check out some beaches we hit  Stoney Beach in Woods Hole but I think that's tough to get parking there. Worth a quick stop to check it out. The classic beach in Woods Hole with lighthouse views is  Nobska Beach. Just pull off the the side of road and you're there. 

In Woods Hole, the classic restaurant is  Landfall Restaurant. It's decorated with a bunch of nautical equipment and you know you're in the Cape when you're there. If you need a break from the kids, you can sneak away into the long time watering hole,  The Captain Kidd.  Even if you don't have time to eat, a quick spin through Woods Hole over the  Woods Hole Drawbridge and through the  Marine Biological Laboratory and there is a little aquarium called the  Woods Hole Science Aquarium

1. Quarterdeck Restaurants (restaurant)
  2. Slice of Italy (restaurant)
  3. Woods Hole (city)
  4. Landfall Restaurant (restaurant)
  5. The Captain Kidd (restaurant)
  6. Woods Hole Science Aquarium (attraction)
  7. Stoney Beach (attraction)
  8. Nobska Beach (attraction)
  9. Woods Hole Drawbridge (attraction)
  10. Marine Biological Laboratory (attraction)
  11. Falmouth Fish Market (attraction)

Sarah Harju from Massachusetts

If you are looking for beaches, you can't beat Mayflower Beach or C Chapin Memorial Beach. For sightseeing, driving route 6a from the Sagamore Bridge towards towards the Cape, you'll see lots of beautiful homes, quaint shops and seafood joints. Falmouth Center has nice shops, a French bakery and is a hop,skip and a jump from Wood Neck Beach which is great after a day of shopping. :) If  you go after 4pm, the parking is free. (Cape beaches charge $20 to park)

1. Chapin Memorial Beach (attraction)
  2. Mayflower Beach (attraction)
  3. Sagamore Bridge (attraction)
  4. Wood Neck Beach (attraction)