Veronica asked

Top 3 restaurants in Cancun?

We will be there for a week and are looking for great food. Doesn't matter if it is a hole in the wall. It just has to be good.

Cancun (Mexico)

Jeanne from New Bern

Two of our favorites are  Peter's Restaurante and Locanda Paolo which is on the same street near downtown.  Both are reasonably priced for the area.  Depending on where you are staying, i.e. Hotel Zone, I would stay away from the places on that strip since they have a tendency to be overpriced.  Another great choice is La Dolce Vita also down town near the bull ring.  If you are really adventurous, you might want to try Flamingos which is over by Puerto Sams.  They only serve lunch and it's right on the beach...but get the lobster brochette.  It's to die for and it's inexpensive.  They speak very limited English there, but very friendly folks. 

Veronica
Thanks for the tips. We will have to try those next time. I didn't get your information in time, but here are a couple places we liked...@El Cejas, Cancun, Mexico was a great place for inexpensive seafood--with an extensive menu. Also in the Hotel Zone we found @El Camareno, Cancun Mexico, that had great food...especially enjoyed the tacos.

1. Peter's Restaurante (restaurant)
  2. Locanda Paolo (restaurant)
  3. La Dolce Vita (restaurant)
  4. Flamingos (restaurant)
Bianca from Miami

I still dream about the lobster I had at Cenacolo Kukulcan in nearby Playa del Carmen. And do not get me started on the octopus appetizer. Seriously to die for. I have to also give a shout out to Hacienda Sisal where they prepare it right at your table. So good! 

1. Cenacolo Kukulcan (restaurant)
  2. Playa del Carmen (city)
  3. Hacienda Sisal (restaurant)
Emily from Ensenada

You must try these foods: Tikin-Xic fish, kiwis, and "tacos de cohinita pibil".

Mariel from San Antonio

1. Cocobongo (attraction)
  2. Paloma Bonita (restaurant)
Dave from California

Our Favorite place is JC Capitán. Great food and the location is fabulous. Go at sunset. You can sometimes see crocodiles from the table.

1. JC Capitán (restaurant)