quentin

Canberra

Accommodations for student in Canberra

I will probably move to Canberra for studies. I would like to know the possibilities in the city for a flat with a student budget. 

Thanks

Isaac from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory

Most people choose one of these two options
1. Student residence at university
Very easy to meet people, you can get fully catered rooms or self-catered. Much more expensive than share houses but because you might save on transport and food (lots of free food at universities) it may be worth it for you. I've seen catered rooms go for a bit less $300/week.

2. Sharehouse
Lots of people look for flatmates. You can get a house shared with a few other people a 5 minute walk from uni and 10 from the city center for $160 or less, then pay for your own food and utilities. This might make it harder to socialize at university as a lot of social events (in my experience at least) are based around the student residences.