Kiarna
Townsville, Queensland

Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks

How long should I allow for a road trip?

For a round trip, starting in Vancouver - how long do you think I should allow for a road trip through the Canadian Rockies? I don't really want to go longer than 10 days, however I want to do it properly so honest answers welcome! If that is not enough, or more than enough time please let me know! 

Ryan from Canmore

It depends a bit on when you are going and if your planning on camping or not, or going now and going skiing. 10 days I think is lots of time! Since I don't know what you are looking to do I will just recommend you my favourite places. If I were doing your road trip I would start by going to Penticton or Kelowna for the first day. Then from there to Revelstoke for a night. Then Banff for 2 days. After Banff I would go to Radium Hot Spring. The next day  I would go to Nelson (Canada). Then to Osoyoos and then back to Vancouver.

1. Penticton (city)
  2. Kelowna (city)
  3. Revelstoke (city)
  4. Banff (city)
  5. Radium Hot Spring (city)
  6. Nelson (Canada) (city)
  7. Osoyoos (city)
  8. Vancouver (city)

Kim from Canada

Both Ryan and Alana are spot on with their answers of where to visit so I won't repeat but for a round trip 10 days is the range you want to be looking for and what you'll see will depend on how much driving you're comfortable with doing. If you have the means I'd recommend doing it one way in a couple less days say 7-8 an flying back to Vancouver from either Edmonton or Calgary. You'll cut you're driving time down by almost half giving you a better change of seeing much more of the landscape and spending more time in each location along the way instead of in the car. What you save on 2 days accommodation would pay for the flight back to Vancouver!

1. Vancouver (city)
  2. Edmonton (city)
  3. Calgary (city)