Nikhil
Chandigarh

Canada

Best places to visit in Canada?

I want to visit canada. please advise on some of the best places to visit?

Danielle from Seattle

Canada is a large country, so it depends on where you want to go. On the west coast, Vancouver has everything you could expect from a large and international city. Plus it's gorgeous! In the area Whistler provides unmatched amazing snow sports and during the spring and summer great hiking and mountain biking. If you are on the east side of Canada Toronto and Niagara Falls are both worth visiting. I haven't been, but Montreal and Banff are both high on my list as well! 

1. Vancouver (city)
  2. Whistler (city)
  3. Toronto (city)
  4. Niagara Falls (attraction)
  5. Montreal (city)
  6. Banff (city)

Cindy from Baton Rouge

Alberta and British Columbia are the most scenic provinces - mountains, lakes, wildlife.  Hiking trails available at all levels. Vancouver and Victoria on Vancouver Island are very nice cities in BC.  Banff and Jasper are lovely mountain resort towns in AB.  Whistler is a great mountain resort in BC.

1. Alberta (attraction)
  2. British Columbia (attraction)
  3. Vancouver Island (attraction)
  4. Banff (city)
  5. Jasper (city)
  6. Whistler (city)

Jack from Davis (California)

1. Quebec City (city)
  2. Montreal (city)
  3. Nova Scotia (attraction)
  4. Prince Edward Island (attraction)
  5. Vancouver (city)
  6. Lake Louise (attraction)
  7. Banff (city)

Rasto from Edmonton

Your question is very general and Canada is 2nd largest country in the world with summers and winters significantly different.

Are you planning to visit Canada in winter or summer?

Are you interested more in nature or cities and festivals? Maybe both...

When it comes to cities, I think Eastern part of Canada has more to offer except probably Vancouver on the Pacific coast.

If you are more into nature, you will find British Columbia full or natural wonders including Vancouver Island and so Alberta's Rockies. Both provinces are packed with beautiful national parks (Banff National Park, Jasper National Park, Waterton Park, Glacier National Park of Canada, Yoho National Park,... to name few and the most visited). If you want to peak into what Rockies in Banff NP looks like see my galleries #1 #2 from June this year when I was hiking there.

Apart from that I found Nova Scotia including Cape Breton Island a nice destination in summer and fall as well. With summer ending in September, colors of leaves on trees are getting very beautiful.

Hope this helps and have a great trip!

1. Vancouver (city)
  2. Banff National Park (park)
  3. Jasper National Park (park)
  4. Waterton Park (city)
  5. Glacier National Park of Canada (attraction)
  6. Yoho National Park (park)
  7. Cape Breton (attraction)

I just made my first visit to Toronto and really liked it. I wish I had more time, but I was there on business. Otherwise, I definitely would've gone to the Hockey Hall of Fame and Canada's Wonderland.

Here's a blog post about my first impressions of Toronto. You'll find some good recommendations there.

I also hear that Mississauga is pretty cool. I wouldn't mind checking it out at all.

And Vancouver is terrific, as are Whistler and Squamish. As a mountain biker, I love 'em.

EDIT: I originally linked to the wrong blog post. That's all sorted out now. Sorry!

1. Canada's Wonderland (attraction)
  2. Mississauga (attraction)
  3. Squamish (attraction)