Shane

Can I use Bayern Pass

I plan to go Berchtesgaden for a day trip from Salzburg in early morning by bus. Then we would like take train from Berchtesgaden to Munich. May I ask can I use Bayern Pass for the whole day trip?

Understand that it takes 45 mins from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden. Should I bring along my luggage and store at station, then go to Munich from Berchtesgaden by train?

Looking forward to your advice.

Regards,

Shane

Mary from Leicester

>May I ask can I use Bayern Pass for the whole day trip?

I assume by 'Bayern Pass' you mean Deutsche Bahn's Bayern Ticket/Laender-Ticket? These tickets are for regional trains (only) in specific German regions. They only cover buses if the route is operated by one of the rail companies included in the offer.

http://www.munich-touristinfo.de/Bavaria-Ticket.htm

Although Bayern Tickets are deliberately extended to include trips from Germany to Salzburg (and return), I doubt they cover buses from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden. To find out for certain you could ask at either Salzburg train station or its tourist info office. 

> Should I bring along my luggage and store at station, then go to Munich from Berchtesgaden by train?

That's really up to you. The DB page says that Berchtesgaden station has luggage lockers:

http://www.bahnhof.de/bahnhof-de/Berchtesgaden_Hbf.html?hl=berchtesgaden

but much depends on a) how much luggage you have and how big it is and b) whether lockers are available on the day you visit.

The Bayern Ticket will cover the journey from either Berchtesgaden or Salzburg to Munich by regional train (the types of train covered are listed on the Munich TI link I gave above). 

1. Salzburg (city)
  2. Berchtesgaden (city)
  3. Munich (city)