Sarah asked

Seeking honeymoon advice for Cambodian interior and coast

I am trying to plan my honeymoon and like the idea of going to Cambodia - seems like there's a favorable exchange rate and it's still developing, so it hasn't turned over in terms of touristyness. 

That said, I would like to have a vacation that is part active/adventure and part relaxation. 

Any recommendations for where to stay or what to do? 

Cambodia

Joe from Santa Monica

Hi Sarah,

Congrats on your wedding and upcoming honeymoon! I traveled to Cambodia in 2012 and I had a great time. I personally stuck to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap because I only had five days and needed to hit the essentials but I know there are also some nice costal areas and islands such as Krong Preah Sihanouk and Koh Rong. It all depends how long you are going for and what you want to do. The best thing I did was connect with some locals when I was there. I really got to enjoy Cambodia from their perspective. My friends just cam back from Cambodia and they actually received some great recommendations for their trip and met up with some from a site called http://filos-travel.com/. Might be worth checking out as you plan you trip. 

1. Phnom Penh (city)
  2. Siem Reap (city)
  3. Krong Preah Sihanouk (attraction)
  4. Koh Rong (attraction)