Kasia
Stavanger

Kasia from Stavanger asked

How do you transfer from Cambodia to Vietnam via Mekong river?

Dear travellers.

How to transfer from Cambodia to Vietnam - from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City? I am not interested in organised trips or cruises, but I am after local transportation, ferries and boats.

How long does it take? 

Have you been there lately?

Cambodia   Vietnam   Phnom Penh   Ho Chi Minh City

Ho from Ho Chi Minh City

First, you must rent a private car, taxi or take the bus to Châu Đốc city. There are only one boat from Châu Doc City to Phnom Penh at 7:30AM.The price for the boat ticket is 30$/pax and it take 5 hours from Chau Doc to Phnompenh.

1. Châu Đốc (attraction)
  2. Phnom Penh (city)
Ho from Ho Chi Minh City

Sorry, I misunderstand your status. There are 3 ways from Chau Doc to Vietnam

1. By Bus: directly from Phnompenh to Ho Chi Minh city. This is the cheapest way. The price is about 10$/pax and it take 7-8 hours.

2. By Boat: the speed boat will take you from Phnompenh to Chau Doc (Vietnam) and you must take the bus or private car to Ho Chi Minh City.

3. By air: This is most convenient way but a little expensive.

Hope it is useful.Enjoy your trip! 

Adan

From Vietnam to Cambodia, you can book Mekong cruise to travel or bus to travel. However,you should book Mekong Cruise to travel which is the best way to enjoy natural beauty of Mekong

cao from Paris

From Phnom Penh to Saigon or vice versa there is 6 departures every day, the first at 6am and the last about 2 or 3 pm. It's about 5 to 6 hours included 2 stop, 1 at the border and 1 at a pit stop. Ticket price from 10 to 15 usd / person. Personnally I think that is the best way. 

Maria from Bulgaria

From my experience (about 2 yars ago) boats are highly unreliable. Not that every boat is sinking but double and triple check the company and the boat. I took a bus: direct from Saigon to Phnom Penh. There was a bridge under construction but back then they loaded the bus with the passangers on a boat only once - to cross the river. Check Mekong Express bus services. Have fun!

Shireen from Hong Kong

Theres a speed boat you can take for about $35. You can get tickets from your hotel or any nearby travel agency!