Mei & Kerstin
Larochette

Mei & Kerstin from Larochette asked

Any great restaurant around Khan Daun Penh in Phnom Penh, Cambodia?

Hello fellow travellers! We're going stay one night in Phnom Penh next month, before catching another flight the next day. Our hotel's in Khan Daun Penh. Does anyone know a great restaurant in that neighborhood? We'd like to have a romantic dinner at a local place, not too expensive, but comfy. Thanks! Happy travels to you all :)

Cambodia   Phnom Penh (Cambodia)

sinal from Siem Reap

You could go to FCC Phnom Penh which is the most popular one along riverside nearby royal palace.

Mei & Kerstin
We did have dinner at FCC! :) It was a bit more expensive than we expected, but the food was great!

sinal
You are welcome :-) Sorry for late replay as a bit busy recently. Well, I thought it was a bit expensive compared to the others but I love it though. I often have a glass of beer out there on Saturday night with live music :-)

1. FCC Phnom Penh (restaurant)
Joe from Santa Monica

Hi Mei & Kerstin,

A lot of tourists go to the Foreign Correspondents Club which is where all of the foreign journalists use to meet but if you want some local food I would try to get recommendations from actual locals. I have a few friends who just came back from Cambodia. They turned me onto http://filos-travel.com/ where you can connect with locals, get good recommendations and even meet up. I am in the process of planning my trip right now and plan on using the platform to help plan my trip and get more of an authentic feel for Cambodia.