Jess

Calistoga

Napa Wine Country Marathon, Post Race Stay with spa?

I am planning to run the trail marathon just outside of Calistoga in 2014. I am just starting research on the area and was wondering what people know for cozy hotel and spas to recover after the race. We are going to be there in October so we want to make it a long weekend to take in some harvest time in Napa too. 

So my crietria are: 

-Close or in Calistoga

-Has on-site spa (to recover and pamper myself post-race) 

-MODERATELY priced (less than $250/night please) 

-unique experience ideally :) 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Josh

I've stayed in Calistoga a number of times.  I have only stayed at one place though, the  Cottage Grove Inn  The price may be a little more than you want to spend, I believe that it is around $325 per night.  Here is why I love it though:

• You have your own, quaint cottage so it is not like a standard hotel.

• The cottages are very comfortable, have a large whirpool type tube that might be great after the race.

• Each cottage has a nice patio to enjoy the day/evening.

• The have in-room massages and spa services.  The people, on our experience have been phenomenal.  Plus, their spa services are really nice.

You can check out their web site at www.cottagegrove.com.

1. Cottage Grove Inn (hotel)