Liat Spielrein

Rehovot, Israel

road trip

hey,

next month me and my friend will be in california, nevada and arizona we have only two weeks i would like to know about place i can't miss (except of course the places that everybody knows about them- i will sure go to this places)

i would like also to know about pool parties in vegas?

thank you have a good day :)

• Dee Busch, CTC

I don't know where Janelle is getting her visions, but I'm in SF and she is definitely playing the "scare 'em" card. The BDS has ads on buses for 4 weeks, as they have in 21 other states. There is no "hot bed" of activity here. Perhaps she is just trying to keep you away from the City.

As to her other California coastal recommendations, they would be fine if most of them weren't on fire at the moment. You will not easily be able to get to them, if you can at all. There is a fast-moving fire east of Santa Barbara, moving west toward the coast, one south of San Luis Obispo along highway 101, a HUGE one along Big Sur, which is burning Hearst Ranch and threatening Hearst Castle Rd and has highway 1 closed. That one extends all the way to Carmel Valley. For your trip, those are the only ones that will impede you--so far. The height of Fire Season isn't even here yet. No matter where you go, be sure to check the CalFire website or Facebook Page before heading out.

• Janelle K.

Janelle K.

I think it's safe to assume the fires will be put out well before Liat arrives next month...the "scare'em" pot shouldn't be calling the kettle black, my dear. · (1 likelikes)

• Liat S.

Liat S.

if i will be with car would you guys reccomend me to drive in road number 1? · (1 likelikes)

• Dee B.

Dee B.

Obviously you haven't spent much time in CA, Janelle. The HEIGHT of our fire season doesn't even arrive until Oct. If you think it's scare tactics, know that 400 homes were lost in our area in the fall of 2008. 1500 homes were lost in the Oakland hills, 15 miles east of San Francisco, in Oct. of 1991. · (0 likelikes)

• Dee B.

Dee B.

Liat, Highway 1 is where the biggest fire is right now. All you can do is watch the CalFire website or Facebook page to see where there are fires when you come. I do hope Janelle is assuming correctly that those fires will be out by then, please God, but in this state one never knows. They break out daily. If we still have fires somewhere along your route, you will simply have to make a detour or two. You can target for Highway 1 and hope for the best. It's a beautiful route when there isn't so much smoke you can't see it. · (0 likelikes)

• Dee B.

Dee B.

Janelle, just FYI CAL FIRE Soberanes Fire ‪#‎SoberanesFire‬ [update] near Big Sur (Monterey County) remains 86,294 acres & 60% contained. http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incid…/incidentdetails/…/1348 · (0 likelikes)

• Janelle K.

Janelle K.

Liat, if the fires are gone and it's open to traffic, then I'd definitely recommend Highway 1. It has a bit of a bad reputation for being dangerous, but you're Israeli so you know how to deal with dangerous roads and drivers! · (0 likelikes)

1. Santa Barbara (city)
    2. San Luis Obispo (city)
    3. Big Sur (city)
    4. Hearst Castle Rd (unknown)
    5. Carmel Valley (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Dee a Thank You Note