Paige
Shelby Ohio

Paige from Shelby Ohio asked

What are some of the good zoos in California?

I am planning out a trip to California within the next 4 months and i am looking to go and hit a lot of the zoo's in California. which ones would you reccommend? 

California

Matthew from Prescott

My favorite and by far the best zoo in California (or the U.S.) is the San Diego Zoo. It is not your typical zoo with unimaginative enclosures they spend a great deal of time designing animal experiences. The tiger and hippo exhibits are 2 of my favorite.

If you want to see animals interacting more like they would in the wild I would recommend San Diego Zoo Safari Park. This park takes more of a natural stance and groups animals based on their habitat and then allows them to roam and interact with each other.

If you get a taste for some marine life then the only option is Monterey Bay Aquarium. This is a superb facility with and excellent display of aquatic life.

Thank you,

Travelationship.com

Paige
thank you so much for commenting! The San Diego Zoo is one of the places i am going to go!

1. San Diego Zoo (attraction)
  2. San Diego Zoo Safari Park (attraction)
  3. Monterey Bay Aquarium (attraction)
Martha from Simi Valley

The Santa Barbara Zoo is beautiful (like everything in Santa Barbara)!  It's fairly small, walkable and has  beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean. Plus, the weather is always perfect!

There is also The Living Desert near Palm Springs. The heat can be be overwhelming in summer, but misters keep visitors and animals as comfortable as possible. 

Paige
Thank you for answering my question! I love zoos and I am planning my trip around all the zoos i can find in California!

1. Santa Barbara Zoo (attraction)
  2. The Living Desert (attraction)