Avinash
Delhi

California, San Jose

Travelling to US

I am on business travel to San Jose, CA. Towards the end of the visit I'm planing to club the last 2 day of the week for an extended weekend of 4 day off completely for myself leisure. Which place could I travel to so I could use these 4 days to its best?

Helen

I would normally highly suggest Napa or Calistoga but I don't think it will be a good idea due to the recent fire.. 

Driving down on Highway 1 to Monterey will be really great. Scenic and a lot of stops that you can make on the way. (Santa CruzCarmel By the Sea...) And you can also go a bit south and finish up the epic Big Surdrive. 

1. Napa (city)
  2. Calistoga (city)
  3. Monterey (city)
  4. Santa Cruz (city)
  5. Carmel By the Sea (city)
  6. Big Sur (city)

Dee from California

What are you interested in seeing?  What time of year (it's raining and cold right now)?  Have you been here before?  Do you like wine?  Skiing?  Ocean?  Sea life?  Amusement parks?  You'll get better answers the more you define the question.

Mary Ann from La Jolla

1. San Francisco (city)
  2. Napa Valley (metro area)
  3. Sonoma (city)
  4. Carmel By the Sea (city)