Jenny
New Jersey

California

Road trip up the CA coast

planning a trip up the coast and looking to stay at glamping sites, tree houses, and funky spots- any suggestions? We will not be bringing tents so supplies are required

Kristina from Los Angeles

Hi Jenny! You must stop in the beautiful Santa Barbara to have a bite or drink and to take in the view... The Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara is a nice place to stop and is right on the ocean. I heard Los Padres National Forest is a great area to camp or glamp if you have an RV. If you have time, check out Ojai, its a really cute little town near Santa Barbara that has some awesome wineries. As you head up the coast I would recommend stopping in SolvangCambria, and Carmel to do a little shopping and have a bite to eat. They are all lovely towns close to the ocean and are all great for stopping to take a break. If your a beer drinker stop by Highway 1 Brewing Company. And when you are up North I recommend taking a look at Avila BeachPismo Beach ... they might have glamping spots near there too!

1. Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara (hotel)
  2. Los Padres National Forest (attraction)
  3. Ojai (city)
  4. Solvang (city)
  5. Cambria (city)
  6. Carmel (city)
  7. Highway 1 Brewing Company (restaurant)
  8. Avila Beach (city)
  9. Pismo Beach (city)

Candida from California

Plan to stop at Nepenthe in Big Sur.  I consider Big Sur God's Country. Heavenly views and great food. Also has a great place to shop. Research hotels. They go from pricey to affordable "funky spots". Cayucos is a great beach town. Affordable hotels and great eating spots.  I was born and raised in the Bronx so I know you will be amazed by the California coast and all the gems it offers.  

1. Nepenthe (restaurant)
  2. Big Sur (city)
  3. Cayucos (city)

Einn from California

This is not so much of a "glamping" site... but Madonna Inn Resort & Spa in San Luis Obispo is a very interesting hotel.  It has been featured on the travel channel.  Their guestrooms are themed - ie: caveman, antique cars, indian, jungle... Their onsite cafe is color themed - pink. and the best thing to go look at is their mens & women's restroom located downstairs from the ground floor next to their gift shop.

1. Madonna Inn Resort & Spa (hotel)