Justus
Glendale, California

California, Oregon, Washington, Vancouver

Road trip From L.A. (CA) to Vancouver (B.C.) and back in 21days.

Hello Trippy Community,

a friend of mine from Germany and myself are planing to do a road-trip from mid-September till early October. 

I showed him most of the Route 1 scenery and Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco, plus most of the cheesy must see touristy things 4 years ago.

He also saw everything in L.A., and fav. places of mine like big bear lake etc.

Sadly i've never been northern than S.F., so my knowledge of must see things is limited to his wish to see the redwood trees, maybe the Seattle Seahawks (everything Sport related is great), do some hiking, something related to law, but mostly everything is fine. 

We plan to stay in motels and in Vancouver with airbnb (4-5 days (or more if necessary). 

Our Budget is 3k in total for gas, food, etc.

Oh, and we don't need fancy food or luxury beds, small dinners and filthy burger shacks are totally fine.

Let's see if we can create a great travel itinerary.

Big thanks in advance!

P.S. Bonus Question:

Since he will enter in California and we will take the land route to Canada, does he need a special visa or anything else?

Brett from Eindhoven

I've had colleagues from the Netherlands who mentioned in the past that they had issues on a single-entry visa with entering the US in California and then entering and trying to reenter from Mexico, so be sure there's a multi-entry visa allowed for the reentry from Canada.

If you like Beer, be sure to stop in Santa Rosa for Russian River Brewing CompanyRussian River Brewing Company, otherwise, the whole Sonoma Wine Country, which is a wee bit more budget friendly than Napa Valley.

1. Russian River Brewing Company (restaurant)

Sandrine from Auvergne

road 101 along the coast is amazing especially in Oregon (my fav state !) but it's more convenient for stops area if you're doing it from north to South. It may be a bit tricky to stop for the view when driving on the other side.

In Oregon, check the lighthouses, but also Florence Sand Dunes, Ecola State Park, and head up to the Olympic Peninsula, Hoh rainforest deserves a visit there :)

Also about immigration, just like Brett Domue mentionned, your friend may have some trouble with immigration if he.she wants to get back in US land even (especially) after a short stay in Canada and then back in US.

I had one of the worst time of my life with immigration services with something a bit similar (I'm French). So I'd suggest your friend stays in US land or fly back to Germany directly from Vancouver, because they may not allow him back right away, even if it's just after only few days in Vancouver, and to fly back to Germany from LA.