Emma
United Kingdom

California, Monterey, Los Angeles

Relaxing hotel resort to stay a few nights via monterey en route to LA?

Hi guys , hubby and I are doing a California road trip next June , any suggestions for a really nice relaxing beach hotel on the way to LA from Monterey area .

Gil from Corona

Not only are there great hotels on the beach at Pismo Beach, but it is a great beach. If you stay there, be sure to go to F. McLintocks Saloon and Dining House for dinner.

1. Pismo Beach (city)
  2. F. McLintocks Saloon and Dining House (attraction)

Nathaniel

Hey Emma

I think anywhere on the central coast would be a great stop. Try Shoreline InnSuper relaxing and right next to the beach! 

1. Shoreline Inn (hotel)

Spencer from Los Angeles

There are too many resorts between Monterey and L.A., but your best bet would be Santa Barbara, which is a really fun town with great restaurants and bars, some cool breweries and distilleries, and fantastic beaches. I'd recommend the Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa BarbaraBacara Resort & Spa, or El Encanto Hotel, which is my favorite. Also, just off the 101 is the really cool small town of Ojai. There's a great resort there called the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa.

Anna from Athens

During my road trip in California I spent a night on Cayucos beach Inn (http://www.beachinncayucos.com/) in Cayucos. It's a little northern from San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay! 

1. Cayucos (city)

John from Carlsbad (California)

We've stayed several times at the The Cliffs Resort in Shell Beach, just north of Pismo Beach, and have always enjoyed it.  It's located above the ocean and you can walk down to the small beaches below.  There is an excellent restaurant next door in the very expensive Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa and a pretty good one in the resort itself.  The Cliffs can be pricey in the summer, especially on weekends, but it's very nice.  There are a number of hotels in Pismo Beach in different price ranges, but June is the high season all along the coast.  The Cliffs is the building in the far distance in the photo below. 

1. The Cliffs Resort (hotel)
  2. Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa (hotel)