Michael

California

Planned trip in October 2017

I have booked the flights and now we need to find out where to go and what to do while we are there... I have started a blog about my trip and would love some ideas for where to visit (looking for off the grid locations that are not to be missed)

We are a family of 4 (kids 8 + 9 when we travel) from Denmark

Thanks (Tak)

Los Angeles wouldn't have been the place in California that I would have picked for wildlife, historic sites and spectacular views - it is linked in my mind more as Disneyland (the original Disney park which I suppose is somewhat historic), and Hollywood studio tours. This is an interesting website that I found when looking for what you wanted.

http://www.planetware.com/tourist-attractions-/los-angeles-us-ca-la.htm

I'm going to be in LA next October, and I'm going to be staying in San Pedro, CA because that is the port for LA and I'm getting on a cruise ship which leaves from there.  I'm looking at taking a harbor tour (by boat) and there are also some times of the year whale watching cruises.  There are beaches all along the coast south of LA.  If you did not actually want to stay in LA, you could drive up to Hearst Castle Rd   On the way up there the area of Morro Bay  There's an elephant seal rookery up there and a monarch butterfly area.

1. Los Angeles (city)
  2. San Pedro, CA (city)
  3. Hearst Castle Rd (attraction)
  4. Morro Bay (attraction)