Hayley

California

Driving from California to Colorado Springs

Looking for answers from well traveled people who have done this drive recently. We will be driving from Boulder Creek, Cali to Colorado Springs CO. We (my partner and I) have 15 days in total to drive and explore and soak this trip up. We are nature lovers and love hiking and sight seeing with a strong focus on the beauty and epic wonders of nature. We would love to hear from you if you have done this trip recently, there is so much to see this is a beautiful part of the world and we want to make the most of our trip.
Please note, after this trip we have 2 weeks in Colorado Springs so we can also explore there, then 12 days to drive from there to Vancouver, Canada and will be exploring more of the parks along the way there. EPIC road trip commenced from Vancouver to Portland (current spot) and we head to Cali in a few days. Thanks in advance people! 

Going east  (I find that I can't put a too many places on the map or the site freezes), we went from Monterey to the Grand Canyon National Park, Four Corners Monument Mesa Verde National ParkGreat Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve and then to Colorado Springs.  But again - we weren't sightseeing - it was a change of duty station for my husband so we were moving across county and it was not recent.  If it had been just the two of us, we would probably have stopped at some of the parks in Utah

1. Monterey (city)
  2. Grand Canyon National Park (park)
  3. Four Corners Monument (attraction)
  4. Mesa Verde National Park (park)
  5. Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve (attraction)
  6. Colorado Springs (city)

I have not done this at all recently.  And when we did it, we did two different routes.  Going west from Denver we went through Berthoud Pass to Grand JunctionSalt Lake CityReno, Sacramento to Boulder Creek.  This is a possibility, but we weren't sightseeing - we were driving a 1932 Plymough and wanted to avoid the higher mountain passes.  So I don't recommend this route for maximum sight seeing.

1. Denver (city)
  2. Berthoud Pass (attraction)
  3. Grand Junction (city)
  4. Salt Lake City (city)
  5. Reno (city)
  6. Sacramento (city)
  7. Boulder Creek (city)