Buying airhost/esses booze

I heard a rumour that if you buy a couple of bottles of wine in duty free and give them to the air host or hostess looking after you on a flight you can often get upgraded... is there any truth in this? Many thanks 

• Carolyn Cossey

Hi, I was a flight attendant for 19 years. In many airlines now, upgrades are authorised by systems on the ground, and priority is given to passengers of commercial importance. Flight Attendants have no authority to upgrade. Also, flight attendants have no problem sourcing their own alcohol from duty free outlets in their travels, and aren't going to be interested in yours.

So, don't do it! I have better advice for you here: https://earthlingtravels.com/2016/09/04/how-to-score-an-airline-upgrade/

• ·
    • ·

Send Carolyn a Thank You Note