Abe
La Jolla

Buenos Aires

Where can I find the best coffee in Buenos Aires?

Hoping to get some good cafe recommendations. Where are your favorite spots for coffee in Buenos Aires? 

Analía Julieta

I visited Café Tortonitoo as a part of the Historic cafes Tour me and my husband took this February. We visited 6 historic cafes of Buenos Aires. We loved the fileteado artwork, the vaulted ceilings, the gloriously beat-up furniture, the waiters in bowties, the checkerboard floors. Everything made for a perfect café environment. Some of the cafés were breathing and living museums.
We fell in love with Tortoni Cafe and especially with the sculpted trio in the corner. Over the years such talented and famous people sat right there in this same chair comfortably in literary discussion over their coffee. At the end of the tour we visited the biggest book shop in Latin America which has a Cafe inside and you can take a book and read it, taking a sweet coffe, and then return the book, for free !
This book shop used to be a huge theatre, really amazing. 

1. Café Tortoni (restaurant)

Pablo from Buenos Aires

1. CAFÉ MARTÍNEZ (restaurant)
  2. Café Tortoni (restaurant)

Diana from Buenos Aires

A classic is the Café Tortoni . Because of its history and its coffee.

Good luck!

1. Café Tortoni (restaurant)

Franco from Quilmes, Buenos Aires

One is Havana

1. Havana (restaurant)

Glen from Buenos Aires, Argentina

DECATA is an amazing old house with seats inside or in a terrace. Another nice option is Mooi in Belgrano. Both combine nice coffee with nice food.

1. DECATA (restaurant)
  2. Mooi (restaurant)

Sally from Los Angeles

Havana is the most popular coffee chain in BAs, but definitely not the best for a coffee aficionado (unless you have a penchant for sweet and creamy coffee).

Not sure where exactly you're staying but Lattente, Lab Tostadores de Cafe and Full City Coffee House are some of my faves in Palermo! Palermo is the hip, foodie area of the city although I'm sure with some digging you can find some good spots throughout the city. 

I do have to warn you that Argentines get the majority of their kick from yerba mate, so I definitely encountered my fair share of mediocre cafes.

1. Havana (restaurant)
  2. Full City Coffee House (restaurant)