Hoyt

Buenos Aires

Solo traveler fun places and events in BA

I'll be traveling to Buenos Aires in middle/late December. I'm there solo for work but will spend a couple extra days to explore and have fun. What are your suggestions for fun places to visit, things to see and stuff to do? Thank you.

ana from Buenos Aires

December is really hot in Buenos Aires! be prepared! If you want to go out of the city, you can take the train to Tigre and make some small boat tour. Tigre is a neihbourhood of islands where Río de la Plata begins and Paraná River ends, an hour from Buenos Aires (by train from Retiro Station).

Downtown, you can visit Plaza de Mayo, Casa Rosada(our white house), the cathedral or Puerto Madero neighbourhood (10/15 blocks from Casa Rosada (cabs are everywhere or just walking). 

1. Tigre (state)
  2. Río de la Plata (hotel)
  3. Paraná River (attraction)
  4. Plaza de Mayo (attraction)
  5. Casa Rosada (attraction)
  6. Puerto Madero (attraction)

Teresa from Chicago, Illinois

Buenos Aires is a collection of great neighborhoods that are great to explore, I will definitely recommend to spend half a day in San Telmo. This traditional area is perfect for a stroll you can finish your tour with lunch or dinner at Puerto Madero that is about 7 minutes walk from the main plaza; f you don't mind crowds go there on a Saturday to the Feria de San Telmo, the antique market that besides the cool merchandise has a great energy.

The Palermo area it's a bit "ritzi" but it has some interesting shops and nice places to eat or have a coffee. I would also encourage you to visit the Recoleta Cemetery  and the neighborhood of the same name is quite cute.

If you are interested in more content try this:

http://buenosairesfreewalks.com/?gclid=CIeC0IbMwMkCFUMXHwod4ZcBLQ

I have not taken their tours in Buenos Aires but I have in several different cities and they never disappoint. 

Don't leave the city without having Dulce de leche granizado ice cream at Freddo. They are all over the city and they are the stuff that dreams are made off.

1. San Telmo (metro area)
  2. Puerto Madero (attraction)
  3. Feria de San Telmo (attraction)
  4. Palermo (neighborhood)
  5. Recoleta Cemetery (attraction)
  6. Freddo (attraction)

Valeria from Orlando

Hello Hoyt,

I'm Valeria from Argentina, Buenos Aires.

My favorites places in Buenos Aires is Recoleta, Palermo Soho ,  LAS CAÑITAS. You can find a lot restaurants, bars.. etc.

1. Recoleta (neighborhood)
  2. Palermo Soho (attraction)
  3. LAS CAÑITAS (attraction)