Keith
Denver

Buenos Aires

Good restaurants in Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires is one of the legs of my South America trip with my wife.  We both love to eat and would like to try some good food down there. 
We're really looking forward to trying some Argentinian beef in particular, but are open to anything.  Thanks!

Randi from Palo Alto

Buenos Aires is one of my favorite places in the world! My husband and I went over New Years '07-'08. Our favorite restaurant was an amazing steakhouse called Cabaña Las Lilas down by the waterfront. They're my favorite restaurant in the entire world. Once you have steak here, you'll never want to eat red meat again anywhere else in the world.

We loved it so much, we went back three times...and made them sell us a set of steak knives that had the restaurant name on it for a souvenir!

1. Cabaña Las Lilas (restaurant)

Alexandra from Paris

You should try La Cabrera. Amazing beef, don't miss the Cobe !! And for small budgets you can enjoy the happy hour : 40 to 50% on ALL the menu (except drinks) if you get there at 7PM and agree to leave the table before 8-8.30PM. Porteños (people from Buenos Aires) usually don't eat before 9PM, so if you like to share the atmosphere of this place with local people, then get there after 9 but make a reservation. :)

1. La Cabrera (attraction)

Pablo from Buenos Aires

Hello Keith,

You should go to "Gran Parrilla del Plata".

I'm Argentinean, and in my opinion this is one of the best places for try the Argentinean beef in Downtown we use to go with my girlfriend when we lived in San Telmo.

This is the webpage:  
http://www.parrilladelplata.com/

The adress is Chile 594, San Telmo (neighborhood).

You can go to Rodizio Puerto Madero, which is great too: http://www.rodizio.com.ar/espaniol/locales_puertomadero.html

But for me the best is Parrilla del Plata.

Bon appétit!

1. Gran Parrilla del Plata (restaurant)
  2. Rodizio Puerto Madero (restaurant)

Laura from Buenos Aires

I love Café San Juan, cool place with amazing food argentine style. I also love Páru Inkas Sushi & Grill, japanese-peruvian fusion food with great quality, is one of my favourites. There's a charming french place in San Telmo, ideal for lunches, La Petanque in Mexico et Defensa, and also La Panadería de Pablo near Plaza de Mayo. 

In Bs As you can eat great sushi in Sushi Club or Dashi for instance. 

You can also try El Obrero, a tipical "bodegón" in La Boca.

1. Café San Juan (restaurant)
  2. Páru Inkas Sushi & Grill (attraction)
  3. La Panadería de Pablo (restaurant)
  4. Sushi Club (restaurant)
  5. Dashi (restaurant)
  6. El Obrero (restaurant)