Moses

Moses from London asked

Best local eats in Palermo & Recoleta?

Looking for true local spots where I can taste what Buenos Aires is all about (not the touristy hot spots).

Thanks.

Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Laura from Buenos Aires

La Cabrera is full of turists but is also very good, you should try it. In Palermo there's a social club called Club Eros which is mostly for locals, you can go to Don Battaglia a type of restaurant we call "cantina" or "bodegon" with really good food and reasonable prices. I also like a grillhouse called Miranda in Costa Rica 5602, more modern but very good. You could also try Grappa

In Recoleta I like La Cholita, great meat and regional food and is very cheap, and La Querencia, also good and cheap. There's another "bodegon" in Ayacucho and Vicente Lopez which I like and El Sanjuanino for great "empanadas". 

1. La Cabrera (attraction)
  2. Club Eros (restaurant)
  3. Don Battaglia (restaurant)
  4. Grappa (restaurant)
  5. La Cholita (restaurant)
  6. La Querencia (restaurant)
  7. El Sanjuanino (restaurant)
Robert from Albuquerque

La Cabrera most definitely! If you want some authentic food, you have to come here. My favorite meal in Buenos Aires! 

Argentina is know for their meat, check out Parrilla Peña one of the best steaks i've ever had. 

Don Ignacio is another great steak house that is worth a visit. 

Billy
Yes, La Carbrera is great and you can also get a 40% off happy hour deal there. I don't want to tell you the exact times and be wrong but I think it's something like 7pm and you have to be done and have the bill paid by 8:30pm. But I'd check into the specifics.

Robert
That's extra awesome to know!

1. La Cabrera (attraction)
  2. Parrilla Peña (restaurant)
  3. Don Ignacio (restaurant)