Kayla
Portland

Kayla from Portland asked

What are the best spas and baths in the city?

Want your opinion about which spas and baths I should try while I'm in Budapest.  I'd like places to get massages and soaks.  I'll be there for a couple of weeks so I have time to try a few!  Where should I got?

Budapest

Mark from Budapest

It depends a bit on what you're looking for, but Széchenyi Thermal Bath is a 'must' because of it's size, grand setting and the fact that most (not all) is outside which is really nice, especially in winter.

You can get treatments (massage etc) there as well.   The other 2 I would recommend are Rudas Baths (it is THE oldest and most 'traditional' Turkish bath in Budapest) and then Gellért.   All 3 of these are pretty much in BP city center - first one is in Pest, near Heroes Square (Hero's square), the other 2 are  in Buda, basically right next to the Danube.

Kayla
Ooooh, I'm honestly not sure what I'm looking for because I don't know much about these spas, so thank you for letting me know! I'm very excited to visit these historical ones though!

1. Széchenyi Thermal Bath (attraction)
  2. Rudas Baths (attraction)
  3. Gellért (attraction)
  4. Pest (attraction)
  5. Heroes Square (attraction)
  6. Buda (attraction)
  7. Danube (attraction)
Nick from Dublin

Széchenyi Thermal Bath is the only one I ended up going to but it was brilliant! We went two days in space of three days. Spent the day sitting in the warm baths outside enjoying the sun. I'm not sure about massages etc. You can get to this bath by getting the M1 Metro to Széchenyi fürdő.

Kayla
This sounds amazing! Thank you Nick!

Tim from Stockholm

Rudas Baths and Gellért are my favourites.

Kayla
Thank you Tim!

1. Rudas Baths (attraction)
  2. Gellért (attraction)
Lisa from Beaconsfield

Hey Kayla! When I went, I visited Széchenyi Thermal Bath and Gellért (which was my favourite). They are big spas and have several different swimming pools within... you can basically go spa-hopping in one place and pools offer both warm and cold temperatures. I just remember Gellért being so beautiful and really kept the old history with it. ENJOY!

Kayla
Oooooh, thank you! I'm so excited!!

Lisa
My pleasure! Have fun, Budapest is beautiful and Hungary is so underrated… although I may be biased because I'm part Hungarian haha but I live in Canada and I've been to Hungary twice… just stunning.

1. Széchenyi Thermal Bath (attraction)
  2. Gellért (attraction)