Pamela asked

Am I best to change my money in the UK or in Budapest please ?

not sure what is the best to do ? I know to avoid the obvious airports and stations. I will change enough for airport transfer and pocket money anyway. 

Budapest (Hungary)

Konelia from Sydney

The best place to change in Budapest in a money exchange in a very busy area like around Keleti Pályaudvar M/Pályaudvar sorKeleti Pályaudvar/ Budapest Keleti railway station, Deák Ferenc tér, Deák Deák Ferenc square... 

The money exchange places are competing eachother in busy places, thats the reason why they changing better there then less busy streets or areas. Dont go to a bank, they have bad exchange rate!

1. Budapest (city)
  2. Keleti Pályaudvar M (attraction)
  3. Pályaudvar sor (attraction)
  4. Deák Ferenc tér (attraction)
Honza from Prague

There is no big differences, I think the best if you change in the United Kingdom, but only coz there is a low commission (by law) in Hungary so you may save few pence. Otherwise changing in Hungary is safe and you get fair prices in the town, not like in Czech Republic

1. United Kingdom (country)
  2. Hungary (attraction)
  3. Czech Republic (country)