Leslie
Belfast

Leslie from Belfast asked

Cant miss attractions for the art lover in Brussels?

I will be spending a few days in Brussels during my trip to Belgium in the spring. What are great some art exhibitions or museums I should see while I'm there?

Brussels (Belgium)

Maxime

Musée MagritteHorta Museum if you like Art Nouveau and Architecture, the Musical Instrument Museum for music instruments and then a brunch on the roof terrace during the week-end

1. Musée Magritte (attraction)
  2. Horta Museum (attraction)
  3. Musical Instrument Museum (attraction)
Travis from Kamloops

Hi Leslie, my favourites are the Musée Magritte - contains over 200 of is works; the Horta Museum - contains an amazing collection of Art Nouveau visionary Victor Horta; and there is also the Musee Modern Museum and the Musée Oldmasters Museum - which are their standard Classical and Modern art museums (both of which are pretty good). 

If you're lookign for something diffeernt, we did a self-guided walking tour of the comic strip murals is an awesome way to see the city and get a feel for something that is really important to Belgian culture. I have a link to our post and a link to the map we used (I know there are a couple good ones out there). 

http://haveblogwilltravel.org/the-great-brussels-comic-walk

http://www.brussels.be/artdet.cfm/5316#a_1

Leslie
Thank you very much for this!

1. Musée Magritte (attraction)
  2. Horta Museum (attraction)
  3. Musee Modern Museum (attraction)
  4. Musée Oldmasters Museum (attraction)