Janice
Minneapolis

Brussels

Can you recommend some good places to see Art Nouveau in Brussels?

I love art and I'm going to Brussels specifically because it was so well known for its Art Nouveau aesthetic. Can anyone give me some ideas about where I can see some really great examples of it? I'd love to leave feeling as if I really got my money's worth. Thanks!

frieso from Brussels

The  Musical Instrument Museum, and go up to the terrace for a drink with a view. Cauchie House is stunning, and  Hôtel Eetvelde but is not open to the public. Visit Brussels has a map of all the Art Nouveau buildings.

1. Musical Instrument Museum (attraction)
  2. Cauchie House (attraction)
  3. Hôtel Eetvelde (attraction)

Cameron from Edinburgh

I am an ardent admirer of Victor Horta, so I have some Art Nouveau suggestions for you!  You must of course go to the  Victor Horta Museum, which is actually his former home.  Here are some other amazing buildings that he designed:  BOZAR which is a concert space, but also has an art exhibition space,  Maison Autrique Huis, just for the architecture, and  Belgian Comic Strip Center, which is a building that houses art from artists from all around the world.

Of course the  Art Nouveau is a must!  Many pieces there!

Enjoy yourself and let me know if you would like anymore recommendations.  Brussels is an amazing city!

1. Victor Horta Museum (attraction)
  2. BOZAR (attraction)
  3. Maison Autrique Huis (attraction)
  4. Belgian Comic Strip Center (attraction)
  5. Art Nouveau (attraction)

Bogdan

1. Brussels (city)
  2. Ardennes (attraction)
  3. Bruges (city)

Ruth from Puurs

For the moment (until somewhere in april) the most famous Belgian painter, Borremans, has an exposition in BOZAR.

WIELS is also a good museum of modern art in Brussels

1. BOZAR (attraction)
  2. WIELS (attraction)