Valerie

Valerie from Los Angeles asked

What's the best neighborhood in Brunswick for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Brunswick and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Brunswick is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Brunswick

Dale from Brunswick

I think downtown Brunswick would give you a good impression of our town.  The main street, Newcastle St, is dotted with little shops, eateries, and little side parks.  It is also the gateway to Old Town Brunswick historic district. There is a small farmers market on Tues, Thurs, and Sat.  We have First Friday downtown where shops and restaurants stay open until 9pm.  Bands are playing in the side parks and street vendors are set up along the sidewalk.  The hotels in Brunswick are located at I-95 exits and are not central to the downtown Brunswick area. There are a couple of B&Bs located in the Old Town area, Brunswick Manor and Watershill Bed & Breakfast.  You might check them out.  Hope this helps.  Enjoy your visit.