christina

christina from New York City asked

Help with road trip from Columbus, Georgia, to the Golden Isles & Brunswick

I am traveling to Columbus, Georgia, with my boyfriend for a wedding in mid-October. We want to extend the trip and drive down to the Golden Isles. We are trying to enjoy ourselves without having to break the bank as we will be staying for around 5 days.

Any suggestions for places to stay or "must do" attractions? Is it worth it to stay on the Isles or just try to find a place in Brunswick? etc.. Even if there are any spots along the drive that you suggest that would be great!

Thanks in advance :)

Brunswick   Golden Isles   Columbus (Georgia)

Tandy from Miami

I’m so jealous—I love this area!

Here are a couple of suggestions for places to stay/things to do:

The Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, GA is a great hotel in Brunswick and very moderately priced.

Definitely try to see downtown Brunswick. I know they give tours of it so try to take one. We ate a place called the Indigo Coastal Shantyand thought it was great.

On Jekyll Island there’s a hotel called the Beachview Club which is lovely and pretty reasonable.

Try to see the The Georgia Sea Turtle Center where they rehabilitate sea turtles.

You should also try to see the Avenue of the Oaks which is a row of really, really old oak trees and it’s beautiful.

If you two like sports there are so many different things you can do there—kayaking, boating, paddle boarding, etc.

If you’re up for a little more adventure, you might want to head down to Cumberland Island. It’s one of the most serene, beautiful places I’ve ever seen in my life and not that far from where you’ll be.