Jan

Jan asked

What is interesting to see or do in or near Brownsville TN?

We will be there the 1st of June, just driving through on our way to Nashville.  Will only be there for an hour or so, but don't want to miss anything at all that's interesting or pretty or is typical of TN.

Brownsville (Tennessee)

if its an hour from Nashville, l would stay there. It takes an hour to drive via highway through Nashville. There are historic and scenic views throughout Tennessee. I stop at all caves l can. Ruby Falls is my favorite. For the life of me l do not understand why anyone would go to Nashville.

Jan
We’re going to Nashville to attend the CMA Country Music Festival where we won’t be able to get into any of the great little bars or restaurants on Broadway, but we’ll get to see some great country music stars. The last time we were in TN and KY I begged my travel companions to stop at some caves, but Noooo!!!! They said they were just tourist traps!! This time I will be stopping at every cave I see. Thanks for the Ruby Falls tip. Is it anyplace near Nashville? Or Memphis? Or we go to Lexington KY a couple of times a year. Thanks for the info!!

1. Nashville (city)
  2. Tennessee (attraction)
  3. Ruby Falls (attraction)
  4. Nashville (city)

Depends on what you consider interesting, but the West Tennessee Delta Heritage Center is there and they have various tours. (There is also a museum to Tina Turner)  There's also The Mindfield which is an outdoor art exhibit, and then there is the Hatchie National Wildlife Refuge

Jan
Thank you so much - that’s very helpful. Is Tina Turner from that area?

Jan
Thank you so much, that’s very helpful. All of those things sound good! Is Tina Turner from that area?

Yes she was born in Haywood County