Talia
Boston

Brooklyn, New York City

The hippest, yet most chill bars in Brooklyn?

What bars in Brooklyn are worth a visit? Looking for something hip, yet with a laid back atmosphere. 

Andriy from Lviv, Ukraine

For great bars during summer with huge outdoor areas I like Crown Victoria, Spuyten Duyvil, and The Woods. For a trendy bar with a great view to the city, I would check out Rooftop bar at the Wythe Hotel. For bars with good beer selection and plenty of seating area (for large groups) I would check out Spritzenhaus and Radegast Hall & Biergarten. There are so many more though!

1. Crown Victoria (attraction)
  2. Spuyten Duyvil (restaurant)
  3. The Woods (attraction)
  4. Wythe Hotel (hotel)
  5. Spritzenhaus (restaurant)
  6. Radegast Hall & Biergarten (attraction)

Luis from New York City

Brooklyn is full of fun and hip bars. The question is what are you in the mood for? My favorite bar in Brooklyn is Hot Bird. This place is great. It has some of the coldest draft beers around, in the summer this place is like heaven. You might even catch a glimpse of some very famous people like author Chuck Klosterman or comedian Wyatt Cenac. If you are a fan of day drinking on the weekends as I am and you don't want to worry about the baby stroller crowd, this is the place to be. They have a strict no children or baby strollers allowed policy. So you can enjoy adult drinks with your friends without worrying about disturbing the sleeping toddler in the stroller sitting right next to you. 

1. Hot Bird (restaurant)

Marc from New York City

For creative (but not too hipster holy) cocktail bar, hit Hanson Dry, and then saunter two doors down for Brooklyn's best pizza (and burger) by former Spotted Pig Chef Matt Hyland and his wife at "Pizza Loves Emily."  (tell them I sent you!).  Then for a romantic night cap, try the pint sized speakeasy bar called called Mayflower.   Enjoy!

1. Hanson Dry (restaurant)
  2. Emily (restaurant)
  3. Mayflower (attraction)

Kunbi from Marietta, Georgia

Go to Berry Park in Williamsburg, it has a rooftop bar and never gets super crowded. Splitty has a cool vibe and you can play games like Jenga and Connect Four as you sip on your beer. 

1. Berry Park (attraction)
  2. Splitty (restaurant)

Kristin from New York City

Lulu's in Greenpoint used to be my favorite go-to on any night. It's not insanity like The Woods and the beer gardens can be on weekends. 

1. Lulu's (attraction)

Liza from New York City

Some great spots in Williamsburg are:

Also if you're feeling like a more relaxed night, but want to have fun, definitely check out the Brooklyn Night Bazaar!

If you need any additional restaurant recommendations, feel free to check out my New York City restaurant blog (http://wp.me/4iPrh), which is also on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TheStraunt) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheStraunt). 

1. Wythe Hotel (hotel)
  2. The Woods (attraction)
  3. Radegast Hall & Biergarten (attraction)
  4. Hotel Delmano (restaurant)
  5. Larry Lawrence (restaurant)
  6. Caracas Arepa Bar (restaurant)
  7. St. Mazie (restaurant)
  8. Black Bear Brooklyn (restaurant)
  9. Brooklyn Night Bazaar (attraction)

Kat from Brooklyn

My personal favorites 68 Jay St Bar, Superfine and Floyd, NY (DUMBO/Brooklyn Heights) and Antica Pesa, Teddy's Bar & Grill and Miss Favela in Williamsburg.

Also if you want something lux, old New York with an amazing view, you can absolutely never go wrong with a drink at the The River Café.

1. 68 Jay St Bar (restaurant)
  2. Superfine (restaurant)
  3. Floyd, NY (restaurant)
  4. Antica Pesa (restaurant)
  5. Teddy's Bar & Grill (restaurant)
  6. Miss Favela (restaurant)
  7. The River Café (restaurant)

Jillian from Los Angeles

In Bushwick, be sure to stop at Heavy Woods for a cozy atmosphere with tasty bites and drinks. If it's winter, definitely try the hot toddy to warm up. Last time I was in East Williamsburg, we also stumbled upon the Kings County Saloon and it was the perfect laid back place to sit at the bar and enjoy some cocktails.

1. Heavy Woods (restaurant)
  2. Kings County Saloon (restaurant)