Courtney

Courtney from Los Angeles asked

Cheap places to eat in Brooklyn

Taking a mini-staycation in Brooklyn this year when I go home for the holidays. Would love some ideas of cheap places for dinner--much more interested in holes in the wall than established places. 

Brooklyn

Jordan from Brooklyn

Hello Courtney! Try Karam on 86th street and 4th Avenue, Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. The restaurant has been in business for over 20 years and offers great Middle Eastern and Lebanese cosine. The space inside the restaurant is very limited but the menu is not... Enjoy! :)

Courtney
Awesome! I'll definitely try it!!!

1. Karam (restaurant)
Polly from Washington, DC

Here are three recs in the Fort Greene area.  None are super-cheap and none are really hole-in-the-wall, but they're all decent value for a dinner out in Brooklyn.

Abistro Dekalb is a Senegalese place.  I haven't been to the new location - the old one was the very definition of hole-in-the-wall.

iCi Restaurant is a locally-sourced, rustic French.  It's probably more formal than the other two I've listed, but they have a $25 three-course meal on Wednesdays.

Maggie Brown is Southern comfort food meets hipster-ville.  Cute if kitchsy decor, and great brunch and desserts.

Courtney
Wow, this looks great! And I LOVE French food! I'll definitely try these!!! Merci!

1. Fort Greene (neighborhood)
  2. Abistro Dekalb (restaurant)
  3. iCi Restaurant (restaurant)
  4. Maggie Brown (restaurant)