Hilary

British Virgin Islands, Tortola

Where, what, how

Hi, heading to Anegada and Tortolla at the end of March. Would you suggest planning excursions prior to the visit or book them while there when you see what your options are?
Also, what would be the best places to stay when in Tortolla on a teacher and police officer salary??

The only times I have been to Tortola we were on a charter sailboat, so I have no suggestions about where to stay other than to charter a boat.  If you do a crewed charter, you get all your meals etc included.   In the days when I was there, the only way to get to Anegada was by charter boat, but there are now planes and ferries, and places to stay on the island.  I suggest planning excursions but not booking them until you get there.  We took a taxi tour of the island which was scenic and wouldn't need to be planned in advance.  There are a lot of other places to go in the BVI other than Anegada.  You can get to the The Baths on Virgin Gorda by ferry, and there is also Jost Van Dyke Island.

1. Tortola (city)
  2. Anegada (attraction)
  3. The Baths (attraction)
  4. Jost Van Dyke Island (island)