Katie from Los Angeles asked

What's the best neighborhood in Brisbane for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Brisbane and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Brisbane is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Brisbane

Annette from Gold Coast

Hi Kate

Have a look on a google maps and find any accommodation between Ann St and the river is a great option as that is central Brisbane From there you can either walk over the bridges into Southbank or catch a City Cat (ferry) over. 

1. Ann St (attraction)
  2. Brisbane (city)
Tom

Go for South Bank Parkland or the CBD and Inner Suburbs. Nothing is too far away in Brisbane and as long as you're close to the river you can get anywhere by river cat (boat).

1. South Bank Parkland (attraction)
  2. CBD and Inner Suburbs (attraction)
Yvonne

South Bank is a nice, lively area to stay. Lots of restaurants. Easy access into the city by foot or ferry. Attractions in South Bank include the theatres and galleries.

1. South Bank (attraction)