Brisbane

What is your favorite restaurant in Brisbane?

Heading to Brisbane and I'm looking for the best restaurants to try while I'm visiting. Open to all types of food! What are your top places to eat?

Wayne from Brisbane

Hi Katie, couple of places to try one is Gerard’s Bistro on James St in Fortitude Valley and for location and good food the Stokehouse at South Bank in Brisbane they are more on the upscale places. But if just feeling adventurous then just head to Southbank area or the Valley and just wander around as plenty of places and food styles to choose from.

1. Gerard’s Bistro (restaurant)
  2. Stokehouse (restaurant)

Justin from Brisbane

Mizu Japanese Restaurant in West End or Teneriffe does great simple Japanese food.

1. Mizu Japanese Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Teneriffe (restaurant)

Nate from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

There are some sick breweries around the Newstead New Farming area that are cool to check out. Also Jamie's Italian on Edward street is kinda cool. Heaps of places to eat around South Bank as well. Plus Eat Street Markets are on every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings around New Farm that you should definitely check out.

1. Newstead (attraction)
  2. Jamie's Italian (restaurant)

Jamie from Queensland

Hey, all depends on what food you prefer, what your budget is, where you are staying and how you are getting around. I am trying to work my way through this list - http://www.theurbanlist.com/brisbane/a-list/51-brisbanes-best-cheap-eats-2014-restaurants-brisbane. South Bank Surf Club is the best i've had so far. Amazing ribs and I know you're from the US not Canada but they have poutine!!!! And if you've never tried poutine, you ought to. Lots of cheap eats around though, try your corner bars. If you're in Brisbane on a Saturday or Sunday and have $50AUD to spare, the chocolate high tea buffet is definitely worth doing. Up to 3 hours of all you can eat dessert!!! :D Hope this helps. Oh but seriously, the Sunshine Coast is so much better than Brisbane, especially if you want to spend time on our golden beaches.

Jacqui from London

Hi Katie! 

Brisbane is my home town and I love visiting it and exploring new restaurants when I return as a tourist. 

Check out any restaurants or op up food vans along Boundary Road in West End. The Gunshop is great for brunch or breakfast, the Archive is good for a huge selection of craft beers and Greek Tavern is great for authentic Mediterranean food. 

And along South Bank Parkland there are a few bars and restaurants (they can be a little more expensive). 

Near Caxton St and The Barracks there are plenty of great restaurants and bars that are open until late. Peasant is good. 

Along Eagle Street Pier Ferry Terminal are some lively bars and places to eat with a great view of the Story Bridge. 

Fortitude Valley (aka The Valley) is good for a late bite and clubbing. Chinatown is also nearby and has a good selection of Asian food. 

I've published a post about the awesome things (and budget friendly things) you can do in and around Brisbane: 

http://www.neverendinghoneymoon.net/12-awesome-things-to-do-in-and-around-brisbane/

And, here is one I published about the Brisbane nightlife: 

http://www.neverendinghoneymoon.net/brisbane-nightlife/ 

Enjoy Brisbane! 

Jacqui 

1. Brisbane (city)
  2. West End (attraction)
  3. South Bank Parkland (attraction)
  4. Caxton St (attraction)
  5. The Barracks (attraction)
  6. Eagle Street Pier Ferry Terminal (attraction)
  7. Fortitude Valley (attraction)
  8. Chinatown (attraction)

Megan from Alexandra Hills, Queensland

Definatly give La Quinta Bulimba a try. Great Mexican!

1. Bulimba (attraction)

Annette from Gold Coast

Hi Again Katie

Take a look at the recommendations I gave you for the accommodation, there's a stack or restaurants suitable for all types of budgets along the river Eagle Street Pier and South Bank Parkland  

1. Eagle Street Pier (attraction)
  2. South Bank Parkland (attraction)