Isabella
Florence

Brisbane

Best way to see Brisbane on a budget?

My friends and I want to take a trip to Brisbane but will be on a tight budget. Any tips on the best way to explore the area on a budget? Things to do, see, eat? Preferably free things :)

Jacqui from London

Hi Isabella, 

Brisbane is my home town and I love visiting it and exploring new restaurants when I return as a tourist every year. 

I've published a post about the awesome things (and budget friendly things) you can do in and around Brisbane: 

http://www.neverendinghoneymoon.net/12-awesome-things-to-do-in-and-around-brisbane/

And, here is one I published about the Brisbane nightlife: 

http://www.neverendinghoneymoon.net/brisbane-nightlife/ 

For food and drinks:

Check out any restaurants or op up food vans along Boundary Road in West End. The Gunshop is great for brunch or breakfast, the Archive is good for a huge selection of craft beers and Greek Tavern is great for authentic Mediterranean food. 

And along South Bank Parkland there are a few bars and restaurants (they can be a little more expensive). 

Near Caxton St and The Barracks there are plenty of great restaurants and bars that are open until late. Peasant is good. 

Along Eagle Street Pier Ferry Terminal are some lively bars and places to eat with a great view of the Story Bridge. 

Fortitude Valley (aka The Valley) is good for a late bite and clubbing. Chinatown is also nearby and has a good selection of Asian food. 

Enjoy Brisbane! 

Jacqui 

1. Brisbane (city)
  2. West End (city)
  3. South Bank Parkland (attraction)
  4. Caxton St (attraction)
  5. The Barracks (attraction)
  6. Eagle Street Pier Ferry Terminal (attraction)
  7. Fortitude Valley (city)
  8. Chinatown (attraction)

Mick

There is alot of free entertainment around South Bank Parkland , you can take a ferry ride on the river and see some nice places or you can hire bikes and go for a ride.

1. South Bank Parkland (attraction)

Eboni

The Brew Shed on Queen St often has uni bands that play live music, you can sit and watch it for free. :)

1. The Brew Shed (restaurant)

Joel from Byron Bay

Make sure you go to South Bank Parkland also on that side of the city is the Queensland Art Gallery (QAG) now we don't go to many but this place was great and free so check it out. Lone Pine is worth a look as well... have fun.

1. South Bank Parkland (attraction)
  2. Queensland Art Gallery (QAG) (attraction)